Sunday, November 18, 2007

pseudo-review: Hvarf-Heim


hi again.

I was going to review the new Sîgur Rós double EP Hvarf-Heim, but I don't really know what to say about it except:

It's incredible.

Hvarf really combines the best elements from their four LPs. 

Heim is six retellings of the songs you already love. Vaka and Samskeyti, in particular, hold some very good memories for me, and I adore the acoustic versions.

All of the new songs are fantastic, but my favorites are:
Hljómalind
Von
Hafsól (which just might be their best song yet)

and I couldn't possibly pick favorites from the other half.

4.8/5

3 comments:

Caleb Kruse said...

Hey Jeremiah,
Cool blog, I love the sketches!

Nick Danforth said...

Ah, you will appreciate this album so much more once you have experienced Heima.

Nick Danforth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.