Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Christmas is here!

Here's some music I recommend to get you into a festive mood.

This is first on the list because it's my favorite. I like every single song on all five discs, which can be purchased as a set for only 20 dollars. I've included the iTunes link, but if you're a Sufjan fan, I strongly recommend getting the physical set rather than downloading it, because it comes in really neat packaging and includes a booklet, a poster, and STICKERS. Oh man.
This one is a classic. You simply cannot have Christmas without Vince Guaraldi's famous music from the cartoon (which, incidentally, is also a classic.) I'm pretty sure it's against the law... or something. Anyway, get it. I remember last year I saw it at drugstores, Starbucks, and dozens of other places besides the usual record stores. They have it on iTunes, too, so you really have no excuse.
It's a cool indie version of Carol of the Bells, by The Bird and The Bee.

My Radiohead vinyl will be coming in the mail within the next week sometime (GLEE!), I will definitely be posting my thoughts on the album, as well as its companion disc. I still can't believe I decided to wait for the vinyl. Maybe I'll write my thoughts as I listen to it?? Who knows....

No comments: